South Carolina CE
As an approved provider by the South Carolina Real Estate Commission, Superior School of Real Estate is pleased to offer hot topic continuing education courses you need to satisfy your requirements
Laugh and Learn with Bill Gallagher. Click the video to see an example of Bill’s approach to learning!
We are proud of our reputation in the Carolinas and look forward to bringing our continuing education for real estate agents training to a South Carolina city near you. Superior School of Real Estate is an approved continuing education Real Estate School provider by both the NC Real Estate Commission and the SC Real Estate Commission.
South Carolina Course Descriptions:
Federal Laws Update (4-hour CORE Course - SC Real Estate Commission Course# CEC 2344)
Instructor – Bill Gallagher
South Carolina real estate licensees are required to undergo continuing professional education in order to maintain, improve, and broaden their knowledge and skills, an on-going process to competence. The required Federal Laws Update seeks to challenge those who have just entered the real estate market as well as those who have been licensed for many years. Basic information is presented and ample time is allocated for the participants to discuss real-life applications.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify classes protect by state and federal fair housing laws and differentiate between those protected by fair housing and Americans with Disabilities (ADA).
- Distinguish between permitted and illegal types of advertising
- Discuss the impact on real estate practices of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure and the Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act
- List examples of kickbacks prohibited by the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Recognize antitrust law violations
Real Estate & Taxes: What Every Agent Should Know – (4-hour Elective Course – SC Real Estate Commission Course # CEE 2356)
Instructor – Bill Gallagher
The purpose of this course is to dispel the mystery surrounding the taxation of real estate. Upon completing this course, you will understand why real estate is a better endeavor than it has been in the last five years, but only when the taxpayer is able to properly apply the tax rules. This course is specifically designed for the real estate broker who works with real estate investors and homeowners.
Eight Steps to a Successful Short Sale (4-hour Elective Course – SC Real Estate Commission Course# CEE 2365)
Instructor – Stephen J. Wilde
With the number of short sales at unprecedented highs, it is very important for licensees to stay current on short sale topics in general and especially those that apply to South Carolina licensees. This course will cover:
- How a short sale impacts your client’s credit
- The banking industry and why they want to do a short sale
- The liability associated with a short sale and how to protect you and your company
- What agents can and cannot do under SC law
- The 8 steps to a successful short sale
- The deficiency and tax issues associated with every short sale
- Foreclosure & bankruptcy as it relates to a short sale
- Multiple offer situations in a short sale
- Side deals in a short sale